To Submit Your Ideas
You are entering the IdeaScale web site where you can post your comments and ideas.
If you prefer not to use IdeaScale, please feel free to email your idea to Open.Government@ssa.gov.
Open Social Security Forum Ground Rules: 09/2016
Our Comment Policy
To our fans: Thank you for your support and for joining our community here on the Open Social Security Forums. IdeaScale is providing hosting services for this discussion forum under an agreement with the Social Security Administration.
The purpose of the IdeaScale site is to create an ongoing dialogue on transparency, participation, collaboration, and open data at Social Security. It is a limited public forum for that purpose. Your comments are important to us and we encourage your ideas. In order to foster a productive dialogue, we ask that you follow our posting ground rules. This is not the place for personal attacks, spam, or rants. Per our comments policy, we may delete comments if they include any of the following:
- Personally Identifiable Information [PII] (e.g., Social Security numbers, postal and email addresses, phone numbers);
- Threatening, defamatory, or obscene language or material
- Personal attacks (e.g., abusive remarks);
- Discriminatory language (including hate speech) about race, color, national origin, age, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), religion, disability, or other legally or agency-protected group;
- Embedded media, such as videos or photos (but hyperlinks to such media are acceptable);
- Linking to unrelated content;
- Spam or undecipherable language (gratuitous links will be viewed as spam); and,
- Our employees’ names. While we love to hear good things, we want to respect our employees’ privacy as well, so please do not post their names.
Please participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments. The Social Security Administration does not endorse any external posts or links that appear on this site. We do not guarantee or warrant that the information posted by anyone other than the Social Security Administration on this site is correct, and disclaim any liability for any loss or damage resulting from reliance on any such information. Our official agency responses will include the SSA Moderator user name.
We ask that you submit inquiries/comments related to specific benefit situations through normal SSA channels (see Contact Social Security). On the Open Social Security Forums, a non-secure site, we do not have access to personal information and are not able to answer specific questions about a claim. Inquiries will not be associated with an individual’s benefit claim, nor will they protect benefit filing dates or rights. While we recognize the Web is a 24/7 medium, our monitoring capabilities are not. We do our best to respond timely to comments and questions, but we only respond during business hours. Keep commenting, and thanks for joining the conversation.
Social Security’s Internet Privacy