If you are visually impaired or having other troubles using this engagement, please feel free to email email@example.com to submit your ideas!
How to use this community:
- When you are ready to add a new idea, select the “Submit New Idea” button. You will then have a chance to add a title and choose a topic for your new idea. You will also have the option to add tags to your idea.
- To vote on an idea, simply click the up or down thumb to the left of the idea title/description. The best ideas bubble up to the top.
- To comment on an Ideas, click in the box below the idea, and key in your comments in the space provided.
Help Us Create Our Next Open Government Plan 4.0
Our Open Government Plan 4.0 Draft Outline is now available online. We welcome your ideas on ways to improve transparency, participation, and collaboration at our agency that we should consider in the plan.
We are preparing to publish our fourth Open Government Plan this June, and want to hear from you! In 2014, we published our Open Government Plan 3.0, based on your input, which introduced exciting new efforts at Social Security, such as our new flagship initiative, Message Center. In our plan, we also outlined our efforts to improve services through expanded collaboration on wounded warrior services, health information technology and data exchanges.
How can you help?
We want to know what you think should be included in our next Open Government Plan! Do you have any ideas on how we can improve transparency, participation and collaboration at our agency? Maybe you would like us to continue doing what we have been doing, such as: expanding access to our open data, modernizing our communications, and making more online services available. Other examples of ideas to submit could include:
- Do you have any suggestions on data that could spur innovation or understanding of our programs?;
- Do you have any bold and innovative ideas for using open government techniques and principles to help improve our services?;
- What other federal agencies we should collaborate with, or new initiatives we should consider?;
- In what ways we can engage with the public to participate in the Open Government initiative?; and
- Are there any other brand new ideas you may have for us?
We want your ideas about the actions that the agency should take to build greater transparency, participation, and collaboration into our processes. Below on this page, please share your ideas, comment on those of others, and vote on the ideas, to let us know which ideas you believe are most important.