Help Us Improve our Open Government Plan 4.0
Our Open Government Plan 4.0 is now available and we want to hear from you!
On September 13, 2016, we published our Open Government Plan 4.0 which introduced exciting new efforts to improve transparency, participation, and collaboration at Social Security. Our new plan includes several high-profile agency projects and initiatives that utilize Open Government principles and techniques to further the agency’s mission. They include our flagship initiative, the National Disability Forum, as well as Customer Engagement Tools, Data Exchanges, Analytics Center of Excellence (ACE), Work Incentives Planning and Assistance Programs, and Health Information Technology (IT).
Here is Your Chance to Participate!
We developed and published our latest plan based on input from the public, Social Security advocates, and our employees. However, we still need your help! Please read our plan and tell us what you think.
Maybe you want us to continue doing what we have been doing, such as: expanding access to our open data, modernizing our communications, and making more online services available. Other examples of ideas to submit could include:
- Additional online services that you would like to see available at Social Security
- Providing more information about the importance of early retirement planning and Social Security
- Suggestions for new outreach opportunities that invite and encourage public participation
Please share your ideas, comment on those of others, and vote for those you like best. Visit our engagement or send us an email at Open.Government@ssa.gov.
All ideas are welcome!
To submit a new idea, add comments, and vote, you will need to register and log in to your account. If you do not have an account, you will need to register for one by clicking the “Register Now” link and completing the required fields.
- To submit a new idea:
- Select the "Submit New Idea" button
- Add a title, description, and choose a topic for your new idea
- Click "Submit"
- To comment on an idea:
- Click the "Add your comment" link below the idea description
- Enter your comments in the space provided
- Click "Submit Comment"
- To vote on an idea:
- Click the up or down arrow in the "votes" box to the left of the idea title/description
If you are visually impaired or have other troubles using this website, please feel free to submit your idea to Open.Government@ssa.gov.